Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Ben: The Houserspawn(tm) Exclusive Interview

Yesterday, I asked Ben the same ten questions (some slightly modified) that James Lipton asks of every guest on Inside the Actors Studio:

Houserspawn (tm): What is your favorite word?
Ben: I like the words 'I love you' and I like the word 'yes'.

HS: What is your least favorite word?
B: I don't like the words 'I don't love you' and the word 'no'.
(ed. note: We almost never tell Ben that we don't love him.)

HS: What makes you excited?
B: When I get to go back to my baseball game.

HS: What makes you sad?
B: When some bad kids scream at me.

HS: What sound or noise do you love?
B: The sound of twinkling stars.
HS: What do twinkling stars sound like?
B: Like this! [makes high pitched sound while shaking hands in front of self]

HS: What sound or noise do you hate?
B: Screaming

HS: What word do you like to say when you are angry?
B: STOP!

HS: What do you want to do when you grow up?
B: Be a knight that has a helmet with a feather on it.

HS: What job would you not like to do when you grow up?
B: A princess and a unicorn and a Fairy Realm creature.
(ed. note: Fairy Realm is the series of children's fantasy stories we've been reading to Phoebe and Ben at bedtime.)

HS: What would you like to hear God say to you?
B: I love you.

About five minutes after the "interview", Ben produced a pencil and a pad of paper, and proceeded to interview me. Take it away, Ben:

Ben: What sound do you like?
Al: Music.

B: What would you like [to hear] if God said something to you?
A: I would like to hear God say "Well done".

B: What do you do when someone is mad at you?
A: I try to talk to them about why they are mad at me.

B: How angry are you when someone breaks your computer? Super angry, or just a little bit angry?
A: This question makes me a little nervous, Ben. Is there something you'd like to tell me?

B: That's good enough, I think.

No comments: