Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Purple Bird

One of Phoebe and Ben's favorite toys is a purple bird puppet. They play with the puppet by chasing each other around the house with it while squawking at the top of their lungs.

For this reason, I hate the purple bird.

But a few days ago, a strange thing happened. The purple bird disappeared. Of course, I have no idea where it might have gone. All I know is that the wallpaper on our computer has been changed to an image of the purple bird, and this link has appeared on the desktop.

It's fun to watch them as they discover new Purple Bird posts, and maybe this is wishful thinking, but Phoebe might even appear to have some added motivation to learn more reading words so she can read the messages from Purple Bird.

I like this game a lot better than the one that involves the running and the squawking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does it have its own squawker? I owned one of these as a child. I hope my grandma still has it.